Position : Manager Corporates Services
Reference : MCS001/02/20
Department : Corporate Services
Remuneration : R 869, 007.000 Per Annum (Inclusive of Provident Fund, Medical Aid, Housing Allowance and 13thCheque benefits.
Purpose of the post: To manage Corporate Services Department of Council (Finance and Accounting, Assets, Logistics, Supply Chain, and Human Capital Management of the Council, national and chamber budgets; to ensure that all revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities of the Council are managed efficiently and effectively; and provide administrative support to line functions within the secretariat as outlined in the strategic plan of Council and the performance agreement of the incumbent.
Reporting line: The position reports to the General Secretary.
Key Performance Areas:
• Manage the proper regulation, supervision and timely implementation of full and accurate set of books of account reflecting all activities of the council in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards, Finance Policy and procedures (financial statements, Income and Expenditure, Financial Position, Bank and other cash reconciliations and Audited Financial Statements).
• Manage the preparation of annual financial statements in line with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), and Finance Policy and Procedures.
• To coordinate the preparation, implementation, maintenance and control of the annual budget and the half yearly review; other budgets and financial plans through an effective financial environment and internal regulations in line with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), and Finance Policy and Procedures.
• To manage the safekeeping of all assets and management of the asset register, to ensure Compliance of accounting policies and practices by ensuring effective and efficient supervision and timely implementation of full and accurate set of books of account reflecting all activities of the council in accordance with the IFRS, PFMA and Finance Policy and procedures.
• To manage Finance Committee (FINCOM) and ensure that meetings are held according to the year plan and preside at such meetings by ensuring that dates set and adhered to. Develop FINCOM and EXCO reports, such as financial statements monthly. Present mid-year and annual financial statements to Council. Attend Council meetings on ad-hoc basis to report on financial statements.
• To ensure human capital management and development functions of the Council, namely: facilitating training and development of all staff members, recruitment and selection as per policy; compensation and benefits, employee relations management, health and safety management, and ensuring compliance of the all Labour laws and Council policies and procedures.
The Candidate must have matric (grade12), and a recognised three (3)-year Bachelor of Commerce Degree in financial accounting; preferably at an honours level. A Post Graduate Diploma in management will be an added advantage. The candidate must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant experience, of which three (3) years must have been at a managerial level. The candidate must also possess a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in accounting software such as Pastel Accounting and Payroll.
Competencies: The candidate must have sound knowledge of Finance and Accounting, Human Capital Management and an understanding of relevant legislation such as International Financial Reporting Standards (IRFRS), Public Finance Management Act (PMFA), Public sector Labour laws and related regulations and policies.
Core Competencies: Strategic capability and leadership, programme and project management, financial management, change management, people management and empowerment. Characteristics such as integrity, honesty, reliability, accurate working ability and numeric calculations, Service delivery innovation, knowledge management, problem solving and analysis, communication, client orientation and customer focus.
Enquiries for the abovementioned position must be directed to: Human Resources Office at 012 765 5100.
Interested candidates must forward an application letter indicating the position that they applying for, accompanied by a concise CV with three (3) contactable references and recently certified copies of qualifications must be clearly marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and hand delivered to the General Secretary, PHSDSBC’s Offices, Block “A” on 260 Basden Avenue, Lyttleton, Centurion or Postal Address P.O. Box 11467, Centurion, 0046 or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday, 21 February 2019 No late applications will be accepted.
Note: Appointment will be made at sole discretion of the PHSDSBC. It will also be expected of the successful candidates to present a case study and after interviews, undergo competency assessments, and on appointment to sign a performance contract. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates for an interview only. Candidates who have not been contacted within 30 days may assume that they have not been considered for an interview and are hereby thanked for applying.
The Public Health Social Development and Sectoral Bargaining Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment and intends to promote representivity and achieving affirmative in all occupational levels, targets as contemplated in the Employment Equity Act, 1998.